Sunday, April 29, 2012

What are you Grateful For?


As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them.


Gratitude is something that is easily forgotten in the everyday hustle and bustle of our lives but is something that each person should take 5 minutes out of a day to give a little thanks. I started a gratitude list a months ago but some days or even weeks, I would forget to even write a single word of appreciation. However, with all chaos of my life, I have found great comfort in writing 5 things that I am grateful for each day. In the beginning, my gratitude was for the children, family and friends and why I am grateful for each of them. Then it moved onto the things that are necessary to my survival on this earth... food, water and shelter. Now, I am truly finding the things that I am grateful for in life and in myself such as my artistic skills, the warmth of sunshine on my skin and the freedom to walk this earth each day that I wake up. To be grateful for each breathe I take is indescribable because so often we take for granted that each breathe we take is keeping us alive and on this beautiful earth. So what are you grateful for today?

No comments:

Post a Comment