Monday, February 6, 2012

Felted Soap Bars

Everyone has huge creative capacities. The challenge is to develop them. A culture of creativity has to involve everybody, not just a select few.”
Sir Ken Robinson

I love to get my creative juices flowing and I have been searching to create something that was a need more than a want for a person. Well everyone needs soap to clean up so that I got my thoughts going. I didn't think I was up to the level of making my own soap quite yet plus I want whatever I create to fit into my fiber centered shop. Which gave me the idea to create felted soaps! I went to Michaels craft store and bought wool roving packs in an assortment of colors and then stopped by Target to buy soap. I got a Pomegranate Mango scented soap and Ivory Soap. 


I am learning that creating felted soaps is a learning experience that will get better each time I attempt to make more bars. I searched different sites for instructions and tutorials so I can see how to properly make the felted soap. Well that was overwhelming because so many people do it so many different ways. So I tried my hardest and I think they came out pretty good! I even needle felted a heart on my first bar! Now my first set of bars are listed in my shop! I am so excited to share these with other people!!



No comments:

Post a Comment