Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Upcycled Crayons



"Art is not what you see, but what you make others see." Edward Degas

As the mother of a preschooler, I am always finding broken crayons. I used to just throw them out but now that I am attempting to upcycled whatever I can in my life, I have been trying to find something to do with all these broken pieces. Someone suggested that I melt the crayon bits into one big crayon. What a great idea! My only reservation is that I don't want them to into one big, brown blob. So I am on the search for a good upcycle recipe and work on this creation this week. 

In the meantime, I found this awesome shop that creates the Alphabet out of upcycled crayons! You can check out this listing and many other upcycled crayon creations in art2theextreme's etsy shop. Click any of the blue links or the photo to go directly to their awesome shop! 

No comments:

Post a Comment