Thursday, April 26, 2012

Love Everyday of Your Life

"You only live once, so do everything twice."

 When someone dies, it makes you put your life into perspective. You begin to appreciate who you do have in your life and are grateful for the chance to take another breathe. My  best friend had suffered her first death as an adult and I wish there is something that I could say to make her feel better. Unfortunately when it comes to death, I become numb because it brings up many emotions that I yet to deal with in my own life. 

3 years, 7 months and 2 days.... that is the amount of time since my little brother died at the young ago of 23. I can put on the happy face and act like I am ok but in reality, my heart is still breaking from losing someone I was so close to and shared a special bond with. My brother and I didn't have the easiest childhood but what helped us get through it was each other.... even if we fought like cats and dogs. As adults, our bond grew stronger as we both struggled with our personal lives. We always knew we could talk and vent to the other. Now, I have felt lost without him and haven't been able to cope with that. Seeing my best friend crying over losing her friend makes me want to say something or do something to help ease her pain but all I can say is appreciate the people and things we have because we never know when it can all be taken away and gone tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment