Thursday, January 19, 2012

Brrrr... Its Cold Outside

Winter is the time for comfort, for good food and warmth, for the touch of a friendly hand and for a talk beside the fire:  it is the time for home.  ~Edith Sitwell

On this cold winter day in the Northeast of the United States, I think of things that will keep me warm like a warm fire, a cozy blanket, a cup of hot chocolate and a good book. I think I just described the perfect winter day. A day where I just get to lounge around, read my favorite book, drink tea since I am not a big hot chocolate fan and sit next to a warm fire while cozied up in a handmade blanket. I am imagining this scene in my head which would make a beautiful painting or drawing. I love that I can creative something out of just a mere thought that began with a cold chill going through my body. This teaches me how there is a positive in every negative!
This beautiful blanket is knitted by MyBluePeacock and is available in her shop along with other hand knit creations. Each of her items look so soft and cozy that you would love to keep warm with them on a cold day. To see MyBluePeacock's other warm creations please click any of the blue links. 

Keep warm on this chilly day if you are in cold climate or enjoy the warmth you have in other regions in the world. Keep positive and keep creating!

No comments:

Post a Comment