Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Recycle Rather than Trash

Every day is Earth Day.  ~Author Unknown

One thing that I am trying to become more aware of is recycling. What can I do to encourage my family to separate the recycling? Well I will admit that my family does not recycle so trying to encourage and change is going to take a lot of effort and time. Everything from newspapers, magazine to soda bottles and cans have been thrown in trash for as long as I can remember which is basically my whole life. It is amazing how people really don't think about where these items go once we place them in the garbage. So many items that can be recycled but are thrown in the garbage are not biodegradable so they sit in landfills, contaminating the ground, water and wildlife for much longer than we are on this earth. This concept is enough for me to think about the future generations and attempt to make some changes. I challenge all of you that do not recycle to start today!

This set of pop up trash and recycling bins by Hobnob will encourage your family and guests to separate their trash from recycling. To purchase these bins or check out the other great items in Hobnob's Etsy shop please click any of the blue links or the photo. 

Have a positive day!

No comments:

Post a Comment