Monday, January 23, 2012

Move My Butt Monday

"A sound mind in a sound body is a short but full description of a happy state in this world." John Locke
 
Monday mornings are always the hardest on me because I just want to be able to hit the snooze button for just 5 more minutes of sleep but then my other alarm clock goes off with the sounds of "Mom, Mom". Just like the weekend my 4 year old daughter is sounding off by 7am which to me feels like 5 minutes from when I fell asleep. I guess it would help if I didn't go to bed after Midnight but as a single mom, small business owner and student I really don't have much time in my day. It is that time of night that I feel a bit relaxed and can sit with a cup of tea and my book or journal and have ME time. 

I know that I need to take care of my body which as a chocoholic, that is very hard because I don't eat as well as I should be eating but this year I am trying very hard. I know that I need to be physically healthy, as well as mentally healthy which is why I love yoga. I began practicing the art of yoga right after I had my daughter and even found a video that taught me how to include her in my yoga stances which also encourages us to feel closer in the parental bond. I continue to practice yoga, though not as often as I should or want, which is so healthy for me because it encourages me to quiet my mind and just be one with myself the universe. I feel at such ease when I am done a yoga session and encourage all of you to just try it once because you will walk away with a better feeling of yourself.


Agadart's print is exactly how I feel today.... I need to practice yoga and I will keep calm and get through my Monday with ease. You can purchase this print or many other awesome prints in their Agadart Etsy Shop. To check out their shop please click any of the blue links or the picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment