Saturday, January 21, 2012

Give Me Beach, Sand and Warmth





"A real friend is someone who takes a winter vacation on a sun-drenched beach and does not send a card." -Farmer’s Almanac 

This quote describes how the perfect vacation from this cold snow that is sitting outside my front door this morning. I waited and waited for the snow to come so that I can just sit and look at it but now that it is here... I want the beach, sunshine and warmth! I love that feeling when you wake up, look out the window and all you see is this blanket of pure white that stretches as far as the eye can see. The trees glistening with snow and icicles as all the winter animals are hidden away somewhere in a cave or tree trying to keep warm during their hibernation. So it maybe cold to the touch but beautiful to the eye.

After I come back inside from shoveling, I know that my description of this beautiful snow will change but so will my thoughts. As I attempt to warm my body, I will be thinking of the beach and the sun warming my body as I wear a cute little sundress. The light ocean breeze will be blowing in my hair and sandals on my feet as the sand clings to my skin so that I have tiny pieces of the beach coming home with me. The ocean waves ending just before it reaches me where you see the little shells scattered all about as children look for that perfect shell to show their mommy and daddy. 


A light cotton dress would be perfect to wear for a day to walk along the beach. A soft, white that reflects from the sun and an airy feel to the dress makes it a comfortable accessory to the warm, sunny day at the beach. You can find this beautiful dress in SeasonChange's Etsy Shop. Click the blue link or the photograph to purchase this or any of their other beautiful creations.

No comments:

Post a Comment